Saturday, August 31, 2013

Posted by Jon Dalton On 9:39 AM
    Yes, the title is a bit of misdirection.

While Florida is my home, in my heart, I think Ohio will always be my home. I arrived back in my hometown this past Tuesday, staying until Sept. 10, to attend a class reunion, see family and friends, and visit places I remember from my younger years.

This is the 45th reunion of the Licking Valley Class of 1968. While I’ve reunited with many of my former classmates on Facebook, this will be the first time I’ve seen many of them since Graduation Day, 1968. We’ve already had one event, and it was a blast connecting with two friends I grew up with in Toboso, remembering various events from our childhood.

Toboso, Ohio is the little town where I spend my childhood, and I know from previous visits how much it has changed. I hope to spend a little more time there this visit, but there are also other places I have fond memories of that I hope to visit as well, seeing what changes have occurred. Some of those visits will be the subject of future blogs over the next few weeks.

But for now I’m content in living with my memories, knowing that while Ohio is no longer my home, it is still home in another sense. I suspect that for many of us who now live life at turtle speed in places other than our hometowns, you feel the same as I. So relish the memories while you live the present.

0 comments:

Post a Comment