Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Posted by Jon Dalton On 12:56 PM

Well, here it is, the end of July and I seem to be no closer to the end of my current cross stitch project (Haunted House Welcome) than I was when I first blogged about this on July 5 (not that you’d know how far along I was then since I didn’t post a picture).

Anyway, here we are at the end of July and I had to move the piece out of the frame I use for stitching so I can do the bottom part of the piece. (See the thread toward the bottom of the picture?) Hopefully, I’ll complete the bottom section by Sunday evening, then move to the top part, where I have to complete the roof on the house, the moon and a few other things.

My goal, such as it is, is to have the design stitched by the beginning of September so I can start the backstitching (for you non-cross stitchers, think of it as outlining, which adds detail and brings a design to life). And, hopefully, I’ll still be on track to have it completed for my wife by Thanksgiving.

That’s a big hope, I think. But that’s what life at turtle speed is all about, doing what I enjoy every day!


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are in a rut...several fixes for that, for me...I will usually put something down for a few days and do no stitching. Then I am right back to it. Hope you find a way and stick to it...it would be an awesome gift to receive, indeed! There's your motivation - all the grateful hugs and kisses you will get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually did take a break from it for a couple of days last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I hope you meet your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking very good! Wishing you luck making your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking great I am sure you will finish it in time

    ReplyDelete