Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Posted by Jon Dalton On 4:25 PM





    It’s finished!


Well, actually, I finished it during the last week of September, but at least I completed my wife’s Halloween cross stitch project in time for her to enjoy it during one of her favorite holidays. The piece is the “Haunted House Welcome” from Stoney Creek, and while I made a few modifications here and there, the finished product is fairly close to the pattern I followed.

And since I have some time now before Halloween, I ordered some guacamole linen from 123Stitch.com to complete a small design from Lizzie Kate called Hocus Pocus.

Speaking of Halloween, we were out last night and saw our first house decorated with orange lights in the shrubbery and a few other appropriate ornamentation. I’ve never decorated outside for Halloween, but maybe I’ll take a trip to Lowe’s or Home Depot and see what I can find.

What about you? Does anyone else decorate for Halloween?

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish, Warren. On black no less, very challenging for me. and yes, we a decorate a tiny bit for Halloween, we put some fake spider webbing on the shrubbery and a few pumpkins and Jack O'Laterns by the door, but that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love your spooky house! Very nice work.

    We decorate every year for Halloween, inside and outside. My Daughter and I celebrate birthdays within 11 days, so it has always been fun to have Halloween/Birthday parties. She'll be 10 this year and the decorations are getting better and better every year. I figure when she's a teenager we'll do a haunted trail through our woods. The only downside is my younger daughter (born in February) wants a Halloween party too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the beautiful finish. I admire you stitching it on black. I do not decorate for Halloween but I do have couple friends who goes all out for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Great stitching! I decorate inside a little all my kids are grown but have almost 15 grands! So Halloween lives on! Do you have a big lots where you live? They have awesome decorations for all occasions at a huge discount price they are a closeout store.

    ReplyDelete