Monday, August 12, 2013

Posted by Jon Dalton On 1:24 PM
   Ah, the dog days of summer, that most sultry time of the season.

According to everything I’ve read, the dog days usually begin around July 3 and end around Aug. 11, or yesterday. I don’t know about the dog days anywhere else in the country, but here in Florida, the memo announcing the end of dog days was apparently misplaced.

It’s hot out there.

Beginning late last week, the dog days ramped up down here with feel-like temperatures over 100 degrees. This is the first time this summer that the outside temps during the day were practically unbearable. And there’s been little rain to cool things off, although in our neck of the woods, we had torrential rains Friday evening along with a tornado warning. The radar images made it look like a Fourth of July celebration with all the reds, yellows and orange lighting the screen.

But I digress. I repeat, it’s hot out there. But I’ll take the heat over the still-to-come most active period of our hurricane season, which will happen while I’m back in Ohio. Meanwhile, like my two labs, 

I’ll just take life at turtle speed and relax in the air conditioning.


0 comments:

Post a Comment