Friday, August 2, 2013

Posted by Jon Dalton On 10:50 AM

16 years ago today, the love of my life became my wife, and I have to say that my love for her has grown more with each passing year.

Although we were still learning about each other on Aug. 2, 1997, there were two things we both knew: we were soul mates and we were best friends.

Like all married couples, we’ve had our ups and downs. We’ve laughed, we cried, we’ve argued, we’ve made up. But through it all, being best friends, being soul mates has seen us through every moment.

If, like me, you’ve found your soul mate, take a moment and hug, kiss and remind him or her how fortunate you feel to have him or her in your life. Soul mates do not come along every day, and when you find yours, keep them in your heart every day.

As for us, we’re going to do some quite celebrating today, but Sweetie, know that I love you, I adore you and I cherish you.

Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart.

6 comments:

  1. My adopted tribal sister once told me that Nancy and I were born married. I guess that's the ultimate soul-mate.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very rare and wishing you both continued love and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! You and your wife are very lucky to find each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! My husband & I are coming up on our 1 year anniversary- 16 seems so far away. Congratulations!!!

    - Lisa N.

    ReplyDelete