Monday, September 23, 2013

Posted by Jon Dalton On 12:07 PM
Hi, this is Luna, the leader of the Mighty Hunters. Daddy hasn’t blogged in a few days because we have taken over his workspace. You see, chasing lizards is way more important than letting him write, so other than allowing him a few brief moments to check e-mail and Facebook (whatever those things are that he thinks are so important), the desk is ours.

Here we are.



That’s me on the right, with Dewey in the middle and Trey on the left. Missing is Uno, although she might have taken the high ground on the shelving unit next to the desk. Dewey (almost perfect), Trey (under baked) and Uno (over baked) are my kittens. They’re almost a year and a half old and came as a surprise to Daddy and Mommy when they rescued me from outside. Uno always has my back when it comes to Grimm, who’s six months older than my kittens and ensures that he won’t steal my crown.

Besides chasing lizards (and our job would be so much easier if there wasn’t this clear thing between us and our prey), I like to help Daddy cross stitch (whatever that is, but he seems to enjoy it). The nice thing is, he’ll sit in his chair, which means I can curl up in his lap and take another hard-earned nap (hey, you try keeping these kittens in line all day long). Daddy just sits there poking this thing he calls a needle through something that I like to lay on. To his credit, he doesn’t make me move when he can’t poke the needle any longer. He just waits for me to finish my nap.

He’s a good Daddy and I’m glad he took me in from outside.

Oh, he said I had to mention turtles, so turtles, whatever that is. Stay tuned, we’ll let him return eventually.

1 comment:

  1. ROFL....Luna you have a lovely humorous writing style....especially for a cat.....I wish you luck in your lizard hunting. We don't have lizards here so Max, our fearless (NOT) hunter chases cats.....he's never caught one yet and I'm not sure what he'd do if he ever did...he has always come off worst in his encounters with "cats with attitude".....his poor nose has been clawed on several occasions.
    He enjoys naps too but is sadly too big to lie on my lap...he just takes over our bed.
    You have a very kind Daddy - I do hope he lets you write on his blog again soon. When Max wakes from his current nap I'll ask if he wants to write my blog for me.
    Hugs to all of you. xx

    ReplyDelete